Android Notification light!

expect for bluetooth! is there anyway to make an led blink when you get notification? like a dock whit power and maybe ehadphone jack connected to speaker !!!!!

You could most likely just connect a transistor to the headphone jack and power the LED with the phone battery. An app would likely be enough to do the job, no need for a microcontroller.

Shpaget: You could most likely just connect a transistor to the headphone jack and power the LED with the phone battery. An app would likely be enough to do the job, no need for a microcontroller.

doesn't phone think its connected to speaker? Also what if i want to play a song? Led will start blibking to song;)

That also will require me to plug the speaker Jack tootoo if i could use the micro usb data pins it would be awesome!! Ehile charging whit 2 other pins!

You want an external led to blink when you get a notification?

cjdelphi: You want an external led to blink when you get a notification?

yep! :D

like a dock !

The pro way would be to write an android java service and hook the notification services, then when you get one, the app connects to your arduino (be bluetooth or wifi) and then blink the LED.

A crude way might be to use an LDR to detect light from the screen waking up, or maybe a microphone to listen for sound..

i could write app to do this well i guess but bluetooth and.. are expensive so that was why i asked any otehr ways? tought of photoresistor:D but i want my dock to be just something to hold and connect to phones microusb and maybe jack!