Android stops reading from bluetooth module

I am having a small problem with my arduino. I am using arduino Uno, connected to BlueSmirf Gold connected to android app. The android app gets reading for a while and stop (as if it’s lagged). When I close and open the app again, I find out that the app is still reading. Now it doesn’t keep reading and stops?

Other details can be found in this link: http://arduino.stackexchange.com/questions/9680/android-stops-reading-from-bluetooth-module

Pleas help me fix the problem :smiley:

The problem probably lies with software serial. Get rid of it and just use the hardware serial.

Nick_Pyner: The problem probably lies with software serial. Get rid of it and just use the hardware serial.

If I made it hardware serial, then I won't be able to read or send data to the bluetooth.

Your programme can't read anything and the only sending it is doing is a self-generated count up.

The serial monitor is doing nothing more than provide a window on what is going on, and what is going on is pre-programmed bluetooth transmission to the phone. The monitor does not require a separate port to do that. If you want to send signals from the computer where monitor is installed to the phone via blue tooth, the serial monitor is a bad choice anyway, and you can rid of Arduino too, as it serves as nothing more than interface where you could do it directly

I assume you have read the answer stackexchange

"On the Arduino side, try increasing the delay or decreasing the baud rate. "

and decided not to heed it, despite it being good advice - particularly the second bit.

Software serial is only something you use as a last resort. It slows the computer down and is unreliable at higher speeds. I don't know anything about Bluesmirf but I imagine they would be fine at 115200, just like an HC-06.

I only transmit data at 1 sec loop but I don't think the delay 100 is likely to be a problem.