Anoter noobie who can't find avr-gcc++

Hi All,

Well I am at a dead end with ideas so was wanting your input. I have installed avr-gcc, avr-libc, binutils. Everything installed well with a couple of switches and such. So after all that I run arduino and get this.

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "avr-g++": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:459)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:593)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:466)
        at processing.app.Library.build(Library.java:432)
        at processing.app.LibraryManager.buildAllUnbuilt(LibraryManager.java:228)
        at processing.app.Editor.prepareLibraries(Editor.java:384)
        at processing.app.Base.<init>(Base.java:161)
        at processing.app.Base.main(Base.java:104)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:148)
        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:65)
        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:452)
        ... 7 more

I have built gcc about 6 times now and when I do a avr + tab in console I get this.

avr-addr2line  avr-cpp        avr-gcov       avr-nm         avr-readelf
avr-ar         avr-gcc        avr-gprof      avr-objcopy    avr-size
avr-as         avr-gcc-4.2.2  avr-ld         avr-objdump    avr-strings
avr-c++filt    avr-gccbug     avr-man        avr-ranlib     avr-strip

Does that look okay to you guys or should there be a avr-g++ in there somewhere. I have build gcc using the following options

./configure --target=avr --enable-languages=c,c++ --disable-nls --disable-libssp --with-dwarf2 
make
make install

I am runing Mandriva 2007 Powerpack
uname -r = 2.6.22.9-laptop-1mdv

Any help would be appreciated!

You want to see avr-g++ when you press avr.

Did you do a “make clean” before “make”? If you compiled before getting the right options to configure, it could be confused. Also, did you download either the full gcc source or the core and C++ sources? C++ support isn’t in the core archive, I think.

You want to see avr-g++ when you press avr.

Did you do a “make clean” before “make”? If you compiled before getting the right options to configure, it could be confused. Also, did you download either the full gcc source or the core and C++ sources? C++ support isn’t in the core archive, I think.

I tried the make clean and no luck. I downloaded another copy of gcc and viola worked perfectly explaining why make clean wouldn’t work. Thanks a bunch!