Another Dallas 18B20 Problem

Hi, new to the arduino programming and i am trying to find the address of a Dallas 18B20 sensor. I downloaded the sketch from the hacktronics site, installed the onewire library and the Dallas temperature sensor library at the libraries folder, uploaded the sketch to the arduino leonardo i have but the serial screen is blank. No text, nothing (i don't have any compiler errors). I have checked the connections and used another PWM pin from the board but still nothing. I pressed the reset key at the board but still nothing. The speed settings match and disabled auto-scroll just in case. FYI i use two 2.2k resistors in series as pull up resistor since i don't have a 4.7k resistor. Any help would be appreciated.

A small update, i uploaded the code found on this page http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/ds18b20-arduino (will check later the flow of the code) and the serial monitor displays the temperature from the sensor, so the sensor is not busted

kookoo_gr:
uploaded the sketch to the arduino leonardo i have

This is a longshot, but I guess that is what you need right now. I believe there are some minor differences in the code required for the Leonardo, something to do with delays. This stuff might not be there in the code for a Uno or Mega, but could be vital.