Another one cant upload to Arduino Pro mini

Hello community,

i have an problem. I have bought an arduino pro mini clone witch usb connector long time ago. And it worked. But today it suddenly stoped working. I don't know why. My USB connector is not known by windows, therefore the IDE cant find the Port Com5. I've installed a lot of drivers for arduino clones cause the normal didn't seem to work, but no reaction. Has had anybody a simular problem or can imagen how i can solve the problem ? I have an Arduino pro mini clone an Windows 10. The Error code is this one:

avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\.\COM5": Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

PS. The Power LED of the Arduino AND the Connector is on

Post the Hardware ID of the device connected, if exists.

thx for your answer, the problem is, that the device isn#t dectected as connected, therefore I cant look at it in the device manager

The problem may be your USB serial cable.

I changed the cable, so you think it is the USB-connector?

The USB cable needs to be a data cable in which there are 4 wires.
An USB cable used for charging only has 2 wires.

Disconnect the pro mini from the USB serial adapter. plug in USB serial adapter to computer. Do you get any indication that something has been connected? If not, and nothing shows up in device manager indicating an error state, it sounds like your serial adapter is damaged somehow, and should be replaced - or you're using a non-working USB port, or non-working USB cable.

They're only a couple of bucks - I use the CH340G based ones with the little voltage switch ( like these: USB2.0 To TTL 6Pin Converter CH340G for STC Arduino PRO Instead of CP2102 PL2303 | eBay - no specific endorsement of vendor, lots of people sell them)

Thx for the reply. Yhea if I only plug in the USB-Connector nothing happens. So I think you're right. But I don't know how. It was from one seonde to another...

Thx for all your help