I'm fairly new to arduino's. Initially everything worked fine but now I got totally stuck with the famous 'programmer not responding' error, but it seems to be different than what is usually reported.
Some details and test steps:
- Arduino: nano with atmega168. Pro mini with atmega328 gave the same results. Initially it worked and now it won't
- PC: lenovo t430 with windows 7.
- used several drivers
- used several good quality cables
- resetting the arduino's at several moments during upload
- com port number is checked and the right number
- no device errors in device manager
- I even used a different pc: a dell inspiron with win8 but it didn't work either.
- I also used brand new pro mini with a brand new FTDI. Still no result.
What makes me think this may be different is this. The horror started when i removed the arduino IDE (1.6.7) by deleting the files and copied them back a few days later. After re-copying the files the IDE works but i get the programmer not responding error. Besides this when I attempt to upload code the leds on the arduino flash. This means there is some sort of communication. But apparently not sufficient.
Does anyone have a clue? I really don't now what's left to try.
I've spent hours and hours on google and on this forum and tried every possible solution I could find. But I don't manage to get it working but I also think that it's not possible that 2 computers, 3 arduino's, 2 FTDI boards, and a bunch of cables are all dead. Is there any way to check the connection other then just watching if any errors occur during upload?