Antenna wire routing question

I have an LTE cellular SMA to u.FL adapter and it's quite long, 11". I can either route it with a couple tight loops or I can route it around the edges, right next to the power source and by the relay which will typically have several amps running through it.

I'm curious if one of these is obviously the better way to route it, theoretically at least. In my limited testing (power source running but nothing running through the relay), the coiled routing is slightly worse.

Thanks for any help-

If you coil an aerial you change its resonance. Routing it near a power supply isn't ideal but better than your alternative. You should also avoid routing it near metal objects too, as they will change its radiation pattern.

AJLElectronics: If you coil an aerial you change its resonance. Routing it near a power supply isn't ideal but better than your alternative. You should also avoid routing it near metal objects too, as they will change its radiation pattern.

It not an aerial, its a coax adaptor between SMA and U.FL connectors.

I would say try not to bend it too much, tight radius turns will increase losses in the coax.

Routing near power supply components is a non issue at RF frequencies, this is probably running in UHF or microwave band anyway.

How strange, I read that as an "antenna"* (sic). Apologies, not sure what happened in my brain there!

• Only insects have antennae. ;-)

Ah, the title included "antenna", that's what got me!

AJLElectronics: * Only insects have antennae. ;-)

When I was more intense into Ham Radio, my cars all had antennae.

No they didn't, they had aerials. ;-)

The adapter is going from a SimCom SIM7000 breakout board to an LTE cellular antenna. Thank you @MarkT for clarification. I meant to include images in my original post but failed to do so when I finally clicked Post hours after composing it.