Any alternative to prevent batteries draining out

Hi all,

I am new to this and I have run into a problem recently. I need to power up arduino nano with AA 9V (EW transistor Battery). I have connected a TCS 3200 sensor , a 5mm LED and a Nokia 5110 LCD to arduino nano. I have connected the terminals of battery directly to VIN and Gnd of arduino via slider switch. I am not sure if I have to connect any external circuitry to prevent battery drain . I need to measure R.G.B values of a strip while LED is on and LCD displays RGB readings. It takes about one minute for each test. The batteries are draining out within one day from 9v to 7v after performing like 10 tests. Due to this current required for sensor becomes insufficient which inturn results in 0 values (absurd readings) of Red value from sensor. Any solution to regulate current ? The setup of device is restrained to AA 9v battteries only. So cannot go for other batteries. If any additional details are required let me know. I am sorry if am technically wrong any where . Please help me out.

Thanks in advance!!

The setup of device is restrained to AA 9v battteries only. So cannot go for other batteries.

Why, whats restraining it? Your batteries will drain regardless of what you do, so your only option is to get either low voltage/ low current sensors and LCD which are very expensive, or get a rechargeable battery pack.

I bought this, 12V super rechargeable battery pack, LINK. Its about the size of 3 AA batteries and I've had it for about a month now and I only had to charge it once. And yes I do use it all the time, still on that same charge.

Are you putting the processor to sleep when not busy?
That will save power