Any digital pins as software serial

Hai Every one,

PROJECT : Home Automation. HARDWARE : Promini. SOFTWARE : Arduino 1.6.13.

Can I use any digital pins as software serial ?.

I am using external interrupts for detecting AC zero crossing(AC Bulb dimming). in promini has only two external pins 2,3. So I used pin2 for external interrupt input pin.

My question is can I use 3,4 as for SW serial ?.

Means If I am using EXT_INT pin2, also same time can I use pin3 as SW serial ?.

Can I use any digital pins as software serial ?.

You could always try reading the documentation

The library has the following known limitations: If using multiple software serial ports, only one can receive data at a time. Not all pins on the Mega and Mega 2560 support change interrupts, so only the following can be used for RX: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 50, 51, 52, 53, A8 (62), A9 (63), A10 (64), A11 (65), A12 (66), A13 (67), A14 (68), A15 (69). Not all pins on the Leonardo and Micro support change interrupts, so only the following can be used for RX: 8, 9, 10, 11, 14 (MISO), 15 (SCK), 16 (MOSI). On Arduino or Genuino 101 the current maximum RX speed is 57600bps On Arduino or Genuino 101 RX doesn't work on Pin 13

Yes, I read that already. That is why I am asking this.

I am using 3,4 for SW serial. while I am using pin2 as EXT_INTERRUPT pin.

Your answer.....

Your answer.....

Have you thought of using Google ?

From https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/arduinoBoardProMini

Communication A SoftwareSerial library allows for serial communication on any of the Pro Mini's digital pins.

SureshKumar2610: Yes, I read that already. That is why I am asking this.

I am using 3,4 for SW serial. while I am using pin2 as EXT_INTERRUPT pin.

Yes you can do that. Both 3 and 4 (PD3 and PD4) have a PCINT associated with them so they will work with SoftwareSerial.

The only restriction, as always with all these "multifunction" pins, is that once you use them for one purpose (in this case SS will use them as general I/O pins attached to a PCINT), you can't use them for any other purpose at the same time.

So the other functions like XCK (the external clock for the USART in synchronous mode), or T0 (the timer 0 external clock input), or OC2B (the timer2 waveform output B) cannot be used. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, as none those things are used by default by the Arduino system.

OK thanks to all.