Any good bluetooth module?

Hello,

at this moment I am pissed off by HC-05 (ZS-040) Bluetooth module. I am surprised how stupidly it is designed to set the AT mode. But what is worse - bluetooth is not discoverable. I belive if something say that it is Bluetooth, it should be Bluetooth compatible ... but HC-05 is not.

Is there a module on the market that works according to the Bluetooth standard? So I can see it and pair with it? Like with any other electronic Bluetooth device?

Thank you.

unknow001:
Is there a module on the market that works according to the Bluetooth standard?

Bluetooth HC06 modules work just fine for me, have you tried them ?

Hi,
The newer HM-10 with serial interface works well.

Info HERE

Info and some example code and Smartphone examples HERE

Be aware that there are two flavors of HM-10 out there. One has no level-shifting (or resistive shifting only) and usually costs about $6 and the other has an onboard level-shifting chip and costs about $12...

Examples from my shop: HERE and HERE

DISCLAIMER: Mentioned stuff from my own shop...

I have two HC-05 and I have no trouble with them being discoverable by my cheap $50 smartphones.

terryking228:
Hi,
The newer HM-10 with serial interface works well.

Info HERE

Info and some example code and Smartphone examples HERE

Be aware that there are two flavors of HM-10 out there. One has no level-shifting (or resistive shifting only) and usually costs about $6 and the other has an onboard level-shifting chip and costs about $12...

Examples from my shop: HERE and HERE

DISCLAIMER: Mentioned stuff from my own shop...

This one I already have -> 4.0 BLE
And it not work. I have bluetooth headphones, tracking device for jogging, BT in notebook ... and this Arduino module is not discoverable. I never had a problem with Bluetooth device so this is veird ...

BTW ... I looked over pages you link in your post and there are several mistakes! ... FIRST and BIGGEST - Arduino sketches there works with only some firmwares and with some not! Because of this lots of people have a problem to run Bluetooth modules. I must modify them to work with my version. Be aware which site you copy&paste from!

unknow001:
BTW … I looked over pages you link in your post and there are several mistakes! … FIRST and BIGGEST - Arduino sketches there works with only some firmwares and with some not! Because of this lots of people have a problem to run Bluetooth modules. I must modify them to work with my version. Be aware which site you copy&paste from!

ROTFLMAO

You have got some nerve !!!

Uh, yeah, different Arduino sketches for different Bluetooth module firmware. DUH!!!

You are another one to dump into the loony bin!

I send email to HM company if they have certificated Bluetooth. I tryed two smartphones and noone can pair with this Bluetooth module with message that PIN or passkey is incorrect. I not even type it before. Changing via AT commands not helped…

unknow001:
I tryed two smartphones and noone can pair with this Bluetooth module with message that PIN or passkey is incorrect. I not even type it before. Changing via AT commands not helped...

So what has changed ?

In your first post you said "bluetooth is not discoverable".

Cant see how your going to get a message that the PIN or passkey is incorrect if you cannot even see the Bluetooth module ?

srnet:
So what has changed ?

In your first post you said "bluetooth is not discoverable".

Cant see how your going to get a message that the PIN or passkey is incorrect if you cannot even see the Bluetooth module ?

I tryed to connect to USB bluetooth module (Class 1, version 4.0). With notebook (not know version atm) and now with two smartphones. First two tryes ended soon because BT modul is not discoverable. Smartphones can see BT modul but can not pair with it (because of problem with PIN or passkey which I never input / it never ask for it) ... So 4 devices - zero success. This modul can not be true certified Bluetooth.

ieee488:
ROTFLMAO

You have got some nerve !!!

Uh, yeah, different Arduino sketches for different Bluetooth module firmware. DUH!!!

You are another one to dump into the loony bin!

Yes, I am nerve. I really need working BT modul because of my project. I spend lots of hours to find working solution, I seen tons of web pages with but all is just waist of time. I never have bluetooth device which will not work via bluetooth ... until now.

1. Check that you have connected the HC05 Module with UNO as per following diagram. The voltage divider circuit is needed as the RX-pin of HC05 is not 5V tolerant.

2. Is the Red-LED of the BT Module continuously blinking?

3. Have you installed a Bluetooth Terminal (BTT) in your android based smart phone?

4. Check that the smart phone has detected your BT Module. If SN is asked, enter 0000 or 1234; they usually work.

5. Connect your BTT with the BT module. Check that the RED-LED is now blinking once a while.

6. Upload the following sketch in the flash of your UNO.

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial BTserial(2, 3); // RX | TX
// Connect the HC-05 TX to Arduino pin 2(as RX).
// Connect the HC-05 RX to Arduino pin 3 (as TX) through a voltage divider.

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  BTserial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
  if (BTserial.available())
  {
    byte x = BTserial.read();
    Serial.write(x);
  }

if (Serial.available())
  {
    byte y = Serial.read();
    BTserial.write(y);
  }
}

7. Check the functionality of the communication link:
BTT <----> BT <----> UNO <----> Serial Monitor

unknow001:
I never have bluetooth device which will not work via bluetooth ... until now.

It is called operator error!

---> loony bin

LOL.

GolamMostafa:
1. Check that you have connected the HC05 Module with UNO as per following diagram. The voltage divider circuit is needed as the RX-pin of HC05 is not 5V tolerant.

2. Is the Red-LED of the BT Module continuously blinking?

3. Have you installed a Bluetooth Terminal (BTT) in your android based smart phone?

4. Check that the smart phone has detected your BT Module. If SN is asked, enter 0000 or 1234; they usually work.

5. Connect your BTT with the BT module. Check that the RED-LED is now blinking once a while.

6. Upload the following sketch in the flash of your UNO.

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

SoftwareSerial BTserial(2, 3); // RX | TX
// Connect the HC-05 TX to Arduino pin 2(as RX).
// Connect the HC-05 RX to Arduino pin 3 (as TX) through a voltage divider.

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  BTserial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
  if (BTserial.available())
  {
    byte x = BTserial.read();
    Serial.write(x);
  }

if (Serial.available())
  {
    byte y = Serial.read();
    BTserial.write(y);
  }
}

**7.** Check the functionality of the communication link: 
BTT <----> BT <----> UNO <----> Serial Monitor
  1. No problem
  2. No problem
  3. Yes, BTT is installed
  4. BTT can detect BT but can not pair - same error
  5. BTT not pair with BT
  6. Have almost same sketch
  7. Functionality between BT-Arduino-Serial Monitor works and can set it via AT commands

… looks like HM BT chip is not compatible with all my Bluetooth devices

Hello,

BTW ... I looked over pages you link in your post and there are several mistakes! ...

If you have fixed some sketches please tell ALL of us what you have found. What works or does not work with what??

We all need to learn from these things.

The examples on the pages here: http://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/HM-10+Bluetooth+LE have been tested and did work OK, including reading temperatures and controlling a small robot.

If there are HM-10 firmware versions that you know do not work please advise us.

unknow001:
it should be Bluetooth compatible … but HC-05 is not.

This is utter nonsense, and the only problem you have is that you haven’t the faintest idea of what you are doing. The matter is not helped by you being barely literate and either unable or disinclined to say what you are trying to do.

You may actually be having a protocol problem, and I bet you don’t know what I’m talking about either but, while the HC-0x is 100% kosher SPP protoocl bluetooth 2, and absolutely compatible within that protocol, this might simply not be what you want.

If you have an HM-10, you will get good information on the Martyn Currey website. One of the things may come to a conclusion about thereat, is that the HC-05 is a pretty good way to go.

Hard to say where is a problem. I worked with lots of Bluetooth devices and never have a problem to pair with them. So why HC-05 not working correctly when it says that is Bluetooth? For this reasons are woldwide standards - to prevent incompatibility.

How many Bluetooth devices you buyed before and they not work via Bluetooth?

The first worked after a bit of learning, and every subsequent worked first time.
If you know what you are doing, which is quite clearly not the case, you would know already that the HC-05 works essentially the same as all the other bluetooth devices you have. There is nothing special about it, hence the previous conclusion that you are the problem.

There is indeed a faint possibility that the device is faulty, but it is unlikely, and there is nothing that you have said that might suggest that - and quite a lot to suggest it isn't. All you have done is blame your incompetence on a device that is probably entirely innocent - and also renowned for its simplicity and reliability.

OMG I will not search & repair sketches I founded over net. Why? To place them here? After one month this thread will be forgotten. Net is like trash bin - everyone can post everythink - even not correct codes etc.

I ended with HM-10. It is non-standard version of Bluetooth. Maybe it work with some devices. But it is not trusted anymore.

Last update: Huamao company has confirmed to me that it is not their HM-10 product but a clone. So it has no valid BT certification. Looks like because of this I have a problem to pair it with anything.