Any guidance on setting up servo motor

I am new to this arduino and my project requires me to use an arduino to power a motor that propels a small car forward and stops at a certain point. I have never done any programming before and need help. The motor I am using is a Mabuchi Motor.

You can’t power a motor with an Arduino. You can control a motor driver with an Arduino and the driver will power the motor. If the motor will only turn in one direction, you can use a transistor (BJT or MOSFET) to control the motor. If forward and revers rotation must be supported an H-bridge will be required. In order to choose the appropriate motor driver, of either type, the motor voltage and stall current need to be known. You mention servo in the title. What does servo have to do with your project?

I thought the Mabuchi Motor was a servo, is that correct? I may be wrong about the servo part but only that motor can be used. I'm not sure if the motor can turn more than one direction. Is there a way to find out? And i'm completely new to this sort of thing so as much help and in easy to understand language is very much appreciated.

If I google Mabuchi Motor I find that it is a company that makes motors. You will need to be more specific. Is there a part number or numbers on it that we can use to find a spec sheet? Can you post a picture of the motor? A servo will have 3 wires from it, a DC motor only 2.

RE-280RA-2865
YD563Y07

It says that on the side of the motor, It only has 2 connections at the bottom so I believe it's DC

It is indeed a DC brushed motor.

motor specs

Choose RE in the dropdown and enter 280RA in the "input characters" textbox. You will see a table with the specs and you can download a PDF data sheet.

It is a 3V motor with 4.7 amp stall current.

So what does that mean about the actual set up of it?

Here's the thing:

Driving a motor usually has an electronic speed controller of some sort

You have a circuit board running on low voltage, low current, if you stalled out your drive motor the arduino would easily burn up.

So the arduino instead puts out a signal to a speed controller, which basically opens the motor to another power source a bunch of times per second to determine the speed.

A servo is a different animal, they usually only rotate a certain number of degrees and have something of an integrated board to them, you can modify servos to rotate all the way around, but they are really slow and low power

You can tell a servo from a motor, 99% of the time servo's look like bricks with a little output on one side and have a 3 pin output
https://www.google.com/search?q=servo&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiS94i8hLnJAhUMl4gKHeCHD-gQ_AUICCgC&biw=1067&bih=514

Means you need a 3V power supply capable of 4.7A to survive the stall current (current when motor is jammed at a dead stop) and decent transistor like AOI514 to sink current thru the motor to make it move. If the supply can't provide 4.7A, the voltage will droop, and the supply may possibly be damaged. Couple of AA batteries might be okay, capable of ~2.5A for an hour (2500mAH).
When not stalled and with no load, the motor doesn't use much current, just 160mA, still more than the Arduino can supply from the 3.3V pin.
http://www.mabuchi-motor.co.jp/cgi-bin/catalog/e_catalog.cgi?CAT_ID=re_280rasa

I have a 9V battery and the resistors required to drop the voltage and I believe I have that the parts needed to get this thank you for the help!

Little square 9v battery? They are only good for maybe 300mAH, won't last long driving a motor.
Voltage will also vary with current, so you won't get a steady 3V out.

It won't be running long, do you think the battery will work for a short amount of time? A max of maybe 30 seconds

You will probably get more than 30 seconds but that battery really can't deliver the current that the motor needs. AA batteries already suggested are excellent. Why do you think almost everything with replaceable batteries uses AA these days?

You also need a voltage regulator, preferably a switchmode type. "A few resistors" is completely inappropriate as a voltage reducer powering a motor.