Any Robot Feature Ideas? ( for butler robot )

I'm making an Arduino robot right now. It pretty much comes to a "bell" and waits until dismissed. Does anyone have a cool feature i could add to it? (that isn't costly of course!)

We have no idea what it already does?

tkdrules29: I'm making an Arduino robot right now. It pretty much comes to a "bell" and waits until dismissed. Does anyone have a cool feature i could add to it? (that isn't costly of course!)

Tell you the time / date / day. Play music via SD card / wifi / FM radio. Record messages from other household / family members and play it back.

A picture of the robot may help trigger more ideas.

cjdelphi: We have no idea what it already does?

I told a brief explanation in my first post. It pretty much holds snacks and other goodies inside the body of the robot.When its called, (by sound) it switches into search mode and comes looking to you and when found, waits until dismissed and goes back into autonomous mode. I haven't completed it yet, because I'm waiting to get some bigger motors for the chassis. P.S. the body of a robot is a trash can :P

aarondc:

tkdrules29: I'm making an Arduino robot right now. It pretty much comes to a "bell" and waits until dismissed. Does anyone have a cool feature i could add to it? (that isn't costly of course!)

Tell you the time / date / day. Play music via SD card / wifi / FM radio. Record messages from other household / family members and play it back.

A picture of the robot may help trigger more ideas.

I could post a diagram for you if you need it. Its not finished yet, i just have some of the components to make it. I'm pretty much planning on it right now. :P

tkdrules29:
When its called, (by sound) it switches into search mode and comes looking to you and when found, waits until dismissed and goes back into autonomous mode.

You should probably get this step solved and working first; once you have that solved, everything else will be fairly trivial.

You should also note that doing this is a non-trivial task; depending on your skill level (and how much you want to augment the environment of the robot), you could spend anything from months to years on this portion alone.

cr0sh:

tkdrules29: When its called, (by sound) it switches into search mode and comes looking to you and when found, waits until dismissed and goes back into autonomous mode.

You should probably get this step solved and working first; once you have that solved, everything else will be fairly trivial.

You should also note that doing this is a non-trivial task; depending on your skill level (and how much you want to augment the environment of the robot), you could spend anything from months to years on this portion alone.

I actually have figured out how I'm going to do it already, i just need the parts (such as the motors) for it to work. It uses two microphones on each side of the robot, and compares them. Then the robot turns to the side with the greatest amount of volume and goes a little bit forward, and then repeats. During that loop, the loop will stop if the IR proximity detector and move back and turn about 45*, and then the loop will start over again. It can switch modes with a variable or a button I'm putting in the back that you can switch modes with. It's just that I don't have the motors quite yet, but when i do it will work

PS I'm not trying to make the robot SUPER professional, because its only my first one with Arduino, but I've been doing the Arduino for quite some time.

P.S. the body of a robot is a trash can

Kick it up a notch.