Anybody recognize this display?

Does anybody recognize this display inside the toy? I have a have a desire to modify this toy a bit with an esp32.

Doesn't look like there's anything standard to recognize. The manufacturer probably had a custom segmented display made for that purpose (it's not an all points addressable one). There are Chinese vendors that sell standardized ones like this:

eBay link

No link. :astonished: Remove the quotes!

And the spurious "http://" And the question mark and all garbage following.

eBay link

This is a LCD. It requires a LCD driver chip. Not an Arduino.

mstang1988:
Does anybody recognize this display inside the toy? I have a have a desire to modify this toy a bit with an esp32.

So does the one inside your toy. In fact, the matching driver chip is already inside that toy. Not suitable for "modifying this toy a bit".

I disassembled it. The logic chip is on the same assembly, agree it's not a good candidate. The other linked would be drive-able with shift bit registers without issue. If I'm going to replace it I'll probably go with better screen.

bitbank:
Doesn't look like there's anything standard to recognize. The manufacturer probably had a custom segmented display made for that purpose (it's not an all points addressable one). There are Chinese vendors that sell standardized ones like this:

eBay link

Nearly every product using an LCD like this is custom - its just like ordering a pcb - EEVBlog has a video about
how to design and order one I think. Min qty in hundreds/thousands perhaps?