Anybody solved the NRF24L01 + SD Card problem?

Hello,

In short, I’m trying to connect an NRF24L01 module and an SD card writer to the same Arduino, so I can receive data via the NRF and write it to the SD card. And the SD card writer is screwing up the SPI interface. As soon as I plug in the SD card’s MISO line, the NRF stops receiving and goes crazy spitting out blank lines.

This seems to be a known problem, from what I’ve been reading up on this forum. But all the threads I’ve seen discuss the issue, and in the end don’t really get anywhere.

Anyone got a definitive solution to this problem, to get these two to work together? In my case, I’ve got the SD card working perfectly on its own, the NRF working perfectly on it’s own, even a DS1302 module working perfectly on its own. And I’ve got the NRF + DS1302 working perfectly together. But when the SD card comes into play, everything blows up.

Using an Arduino Uno, with the standard NRF and SD libraries everyone else uses.

You need to find a SD module that does not run the MISO line through a level shifter. The level shifter messes up the MISO line. I made my module that way and it works well.

mmelendeze:
In short, I'm trying to connect an NRF24L01 module and an SD card writer to the same Arduino, so I can receive data via the NRF and write it to the SD card. And the SD card writer is screwing up the SPI interface. As soon as I plug in the SD card's MISO line, the NRF stops receiving and goes crazy spitting out blank lines.

This seems to be a known problem, from what I've been reading up on this forum. But all the threads I've seen discuss the issue, and in the end don't really get anywhere.

I spent 1 minute in google typing 'sdcard nrf24L01 arduino' and found this...

which sprouted from this...

Southpark:
I spent 1 minute in google typing 'sdcard nrf24L01 arduino' and found this...

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=435717.msg3004360#msg3004360

which sprouted from this...

how to connect sd card module and NRF24L01 in arduino UNO - Project Guidance - Arduino Forum

Yup, been there. Thing is, they recommend changing the SD breakout. I was wondering if anyone managed to find a way around in order to use the problematic breakouts.

When trying to solve the same problem I came across this post (see reply#8). Good luck.

I used the schematic from Adafruit to make mine, except LM1117 3.3 regulator.