Anyone Here Using Nextion Displays?

I'm struggling to make a very simple application using a Nextion display. The forum on the Nextion site that used to the THE place to get answers appears to no longer be enabled!

All I want to do it have several buttons, and several text controls that get updated continuously by the Arduino. The buttons work fine, and do everything they need to do using the callback interface provided by the Nextion library. But the text controls seem really flaky. If I write to them from within loop, using their setText methods, then the buttons all stop working!

So, I'm thinking there must be some way to use a timer on the Nextion to trigger events from the text controls, then have the Arduino respond to those events. I've tried creating a timer, and having the timer event do a "click" on the textboxes, but the Arduino Callback for the text control never gets callled.

Has anyone done this, and can tell me how to make it work? Or is there another way to do it I'm not seeing?

Regards,
Ray L.

Well, I got it resolved. Turns out "click" does NOT send an event message to the serial host. But I was able to use the print state to send a raw event message, in HEX, from the timer event handler.

I'm finding this is typical for most things with Nextion once you go beyond the most simple, low-functionality operations - whatever you want to do, you probably CAN find a way to do it, but you'll tear your hair out for hours trying to figure out how, and it will be done by some very round-about, confusing, and inefficient method. And their documentation is simply dreadful - often as not, it creates more questions than answers.

Regards,
Ray L.