Anyone know ho to use this CNC breakout board with Arduino and or easydriver?

How would I integrate this stepper controller with my Arduino and easy driver to use as CNC?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-5-Axis-CNC-Breakout-Board-Interface-Adapter-For-Stepper-Motor-Driver-/321133023129

CNC controller not stepepr driver...sorry only provides 5v logic signal not power.

mykiscool:
CNC controller not stepepr driver...sorry only provides 5v logic signal not power.

It cannot be a controller, it does not have a microcontroller. the PC or the Arduino is the controller.

it is a breakout board.
it is an interface between the controller and your drivers.

Yeah what this one does is it plugs into my computer and sends out a signal based on what the CAD software tells it.

As far as I can see you would use that board instead of an Arduino, not with an Arduino. And I suspect it is intended for PCs that have "real" parallel printer ports - not USB-parallel adapters.

If you use a program called GRBL on an Arduino it probably has much the same functionality as that board. And there are probably other smilar Arduino programs.

...R

Like Robin2 said, "breakout boards" like this one are just designed to help you "break out" the wires in the parallel port connection to a computer. Somehow you need to make the connections between the pins of the parallel cable to your stepper drivers, limit switches, etc. and that is where this fits in.

Typically you'll see a bunch of optocouplers, but this one uses ICs that are assuredly some type of level translator / buffer. Same purpose -- they're there to prevent mistakes from blowing out your computer's parallel port. It also includes a few features like connectors for some type of LCD driver and a relay to switch a spindle or such, but that's still pretty trivial stuff.

Wouldn't make much sense to use this with an Arduino.