Anyone know the pinout of 6-pin Li Polymer battery?

Hi All

Wanting to find out the pin connectors on this 6-pin Lithium Polymer rechargeable battery. Anyone aware of what they are please?

Its a proprietry battery, maybe ask the manufacturers of the battery/system this is a replacement for,
or measure voltages to see what’s the likely configuration. Often there is a serial connection for talking
to the in-battery controller.

MarkT:
Its a proprietry battery, maybe ask the manufacturers of the battery/system this is a replacement for,
or measure voltages to see what's the likely configuration. Often there is a serial connection for talking
to the in-battery controller.

Thanks Mark!

It's the type of battery used in the HP iPAQ 6515 model. I have one that isn't working and wanted to see if I could power it up manually before spending (and possibly wasting) £15 on a replacement battery. So really, it's the battery connector pinout of the iPAQ 6515 I am really after :slight_smile:

theMusicMan:
It's the type of battery used in the HP iPAQ 6515 model. I have one that isn't working and wanted to see if I could power it up manually before spending (and possibly wasting) £15 on a replacement battery. So really, it's the battery connector pinout of the iPAQ 6515 I am really after :slight_smile:

It may well have shut itself off internally when it was overdischarged or similar.

Most lithium batteries have circuits inside that do this as a safety measure to stop it being used again, it could catch fire.

srnet:
It may well have shut itself off internally when it was overdischarged or similar.

Most lithium batteries have circuits inside that do this as a safety measure to stop it being used again, it could catch fire.

Yep, the battery is certainly dead, as in deceased (not just flat), but I want to confirm the iPAQ is healthy before I buy another battery.