APA102s not responding correctly

I'm using the Rainbow program from the APA102 library, however, when connecting 4 in parallel for power and the data/clock in series 3 out of 4 LEDs will light correctly. The last LED just shines bright white and doesn't follow the format.

What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like you are sending the end frame too early.
Are you sure your code knows the correct number of LEDs you have?

boolrules:
Sounds like you are sending the end frame too early.
Are you sure your code knows the correct number of LEDs you have?

Yes, I've double checked the code and it states 4 LEDs are in the circuit, I've even bumped it to 5 and there was the same result. Sorry I'm quite new to all of this.

Adding another LED count for test was the correct thing to try.
Can you 'scope the output on the last LED?

I'm confused by your description. Do you have one strip, 4 strips in parallel, individual LEDs?

If you can, tack on another short strip and see if any of those light up Maybe the internal PWM latch is not loading but it may still pass data.

boolrules:
Adding another LED count for test was the correct thing to try.
Can you 'scope the output on the last LED?

I'm confused by your description. Do you have one strip, 4 strips in parallel, individual LEDs?

If you can, tack on another short strip and see if any of those light up Maybe the internal PWM latch is not loading but it may still pass data.

Well I went to rewire them because I have 4 individual DotStars and as soon as I've wired them they worked perfectly? Maybe I had some wiring incorrectly or one of the LEDs I had weren't soldered correctly. But thank you anyways.

I hate that when that happens.
Glad you got 'em working.