APDS 9960 and Simerec pcs-1

Hi all…I’m currently working on a project where the end goal is to have my TV, stereo amp, and computer all work via APDS Gesture Sensor. I purchased a Simerec PCS -1, which is an IR receiver which allows the computer to power on/off via IR. I installed that, programed it, recorded the IR code. The computer will turn on/off if it is on separate board (using a Nano), with a push button triggering the IR send. Both the TV and Stereo respond to the gesture sensor triggers. (TV power on/off and stereo on/off, function, vol up/down all work with different gestures. When I try to add the same code that I used on the separate board for the computer IR, it refuses to work. I’ve tried adding a delay between the send commands, I’ve changed the order which component send commands get sent, nothing seems to work. The only way I’ve got the computer to respond is with a separate board and a push button.
I’ve attached two work documents, as I’m not sure how to upload my code properly…I keep getting in trouble by everyone for not doing it right. Anyways, the stand alone code is just a Nano, with a pushbutton sending the IR code to the computer. It works fine. The other code is the one with all the functions. Everything works except the computer. VERY FRUSTRATED!! I’m sure (I hope) that I’ve overlooked something simple…any and all ideas are appreciated.

allFunctionsWithGestureSensor.ino (4.31 KB)

standAloneBoardComputerOnly.ino (1014 Bytes)

allFunctionsWithGestureSensor.ino (4.31 KB)

standAloneBoardComputerOnly.ino (1014 Bytes)

Hi,

Hi all... I'm currently working on a project where the end goal is to have my TV, stereo amp, and computer all work via APDS Gesture Sensor. I purchased a Simerec PCS -1, which is an IR receiver which allows the computer to power on/off via IR. I installed that, programed it, recorded the IR code. The computer will turn on/off if it is on separate board (using a Nano), with a push button triggering the IR send. Both the TV and Stereo respond to the gesture sensor triggers. (TV power on/off and stereo on/off, function, vol up/down all work with different gestures. When I try to add the same code that I used on the separate board for the computer IR, it refuses to work. I've tried adding a delay between the send commands, I've changed the order which component send commands get sent, nothing seems to work. The only way I've got the computer to respond is with a separate board and a push button.

I've attached two work documents, as I'm not sure how to upload my code properly...I keep getting in trouble by everyone for not doing it right. Anyways, the stand alone code is just a Nano, with a pushbutton sending the IR code to the computer. It works fine. The other code is the one with all the functions. Everything works except the computer. VERY FRUSTRATED!! I'm sure (I hope) that I've overlooked something simple...any and all ideas are appreciated.

Sorry, but you need to read back what you post, setting it out in a point form will mean more members will read it.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum. http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html then look down to item #7 about how to post your code. It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Also some links to the device you mention will be helpful.

Thanks.. Tom... :)