Application won't start when connected to external 5V power

I am facing a strange issue here. I have a simple program that signals the 3-axis location via the onboard BUILT_IN LED, nothing crazy. This works perfectly when connected to USB.

However, when connected to an external 5V power source (VIN, GND) and disconnected from USB the board powers up but the program won't start. The power LED is steadily on at that time.

What am I doing wrong here?

VIN needs at least 7V

Connect your 5V to a 5V pin

check if a blocking command is waiting for Serial to begin like

while(!Serial);

if yes, just comment it with // and your sketch should run on battery (if it is present, the board will wait for you to connect the USB).

1 Like

That hit the nail on the top, stupid me, thank you!!

Doesn't seem to be correct. According to the datasheet:

:v:

oh not stupid! you cant imagine time I have lost looking after the same trouble.
But you could be sure it here in this forum I get help!

Hope you love the Nano 33 BLE, after few months coding the micro or UNO, I purchased one and so love it! Especially the register manipulation, it offers so many abilities to the card!

I missed the forum category that you had posted in

not mine, but the "while(!Serial) affair" is frequent here.
I guess like me, users start with UNO (wich dont have this problem) then migrate to another board and get stucked by little difference in behavior.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.