Applications of machine to machine communication

Hello friends,
I have tried a basic application of M2M with the help of arduino board that is turning on / off led according to temperature level. Do you have any idea regarding the applications of M2M????

I use it every day to get my PC to upload sketches to my Arduino.

I suspect that's not what you had in mind - but you will need to explain more clearly.

...R

Hi,

Use the MQTT protocol. They also have a library for arduino.
Use an open source MQTT server like www.mosquitto.org to send events and subscribe to those events on the other device.

I'm currently doing my undergraduate final year project with IBM using MQTT.

Cheers!!

ssd_20072:
Hi,

Use the MQTT protocol. They also have a library for arduino.
Use an open source MQTT server like www.mosquitto.org to send events and subscribe to those events on the other device.

I'm currently doing my undergraduate final year project with IBM using MQTT.

Cheers!!

Can you say me ur application ? or do u have any idea regarding applications of m2m ?????

Robin2:
I use it every day to get my PC to upload sketches to my Arduino.

I suspect that's not what you had in mind - but you will need to explain more clearly.

...R

I want to knw about the applications of m2m?though turning on/off AC is m2m but its a basic application.M2M basically consist of some m2m server.m2m gateway,m2m devices,m2m sevice etc....

I'm thinking you have a specific thing in mind. But when I read "Machine to Machine" communication, I think "How does one device talk to another". There are many many many applications for this. It allows one device to communicate some information to another. Use your imagination.
It almost sounds like you want a technical definition for a buzz word.