April fools prank

I am needing help! I am still pretty new into all of this but I am wanting to play a prank on a friend of mine using the arduino but I'm not sure how to start.

I have easy access to her vehicle and I am wanting to make something that will connect the brake to her car horn. But not the first time she presses the brake. I am wanting to have it so she is driving and them stopping at a red light and presses the brakes and the horn honks. Can any one help work me though this please.

"Can any one help work me though this please."

Help you grow up?

You want to secretly modify two key safety features of someone else's car? You must hate her big time!

I'm surprised I remember and found this old thread. But this should help: Horn prank, programming help

In general, I would say that this is not a good idea. This could lead to an accident or worse. When thinking of pranks, I would suggest you perhaps think of a few things:

Could anyone/anything be injured?

What is the worst that can come from this?

Is it worth a laugh?

Not trying to criticize you, but this idea could lead to some expensive things, as well as a chance of a collision. What if she thinks someone is going to crash into her and giving her a heads up? Swerves vehicle... and so on. I would say find another way to prank her that wouldn't lead to something negative, even if their is just a chance. Also, I assume this would be very hard (though, I haven't worked with cars). You would have to modify a break system which could lead to you maybe accidentally disconnecting the brakes.

Anyways, I'm just saying that if I were you, I wouldn't do this. Lot of things that can go wrong.

Risk vs. Benefit.

Maybe when the horn blares she takes her foot off the brake and ends up in cross traffic?

Wouldn't that be fun!

And then later, later, you know, later on you and your buddies can parade through grocery stores and cough all over the place, haw haw haw!

lol

Having done many pranks in the past - this is not a good one - I would never get into the car’s system - to many things can go wrong - not the least running into another vehicle or pedestrian in a cross walk

How about a PIR or other sensor under the drivers door that sounds a beeper (not part of the car) when someone approaches the door or plays some sort of prerecorded message?

Buy her a ring and propose marriage.

What could possibly go wrong?

Getting the message?

No help here with anti-social activities of such calibre.

I think that would be pretty funny. She would be so confused. Perhaps even get a ring pop, and start eating it shortly after you propose and say, "Want some?" I think thats pretty funny, and cost effective. That little caliber pun did make me crack a smile, ill admit.

Make something that makes a very quiet but irritating noise some random time after it goes dark and goes silent as soon as the light comes on. Hide it in her bedroom.

Warning!

When I did this to my brother he didn't see the funny side, had a right go at me and smashed the device. Oh well!

PS, I get on well with my brother :)

PerryBebbington: Make something that makes a very quiet but irritating noise some random time after it goes dark and goes silent as soon as the light comes on. Hide it in her bedroom.

PS, I get on well with my brother :)

hahaha

PerryBebbington: Make something that makes a very quiet but irritating noise some random time after it goes dark and goes silent as soon as the light comes on. Hide it in her bedroom.

Project was called "Cudlipp Cricket", published Electronics Australia magazine in 1984. DDGo cannot seem to find it.

Based I seem to recall, on a 74C14 (CD40106) and a piezo. :grinning:

Do something less dangerous - fix the stereo to play Rick Astley?

MarkT: Do something less dangerous - fix the stereo to play Rick Astley?

LESS dangerous ! ! ! ! ? ? ? ? :confused:

I was thinking something similar. when the car cabin noise gets too loud, play a police siren. as soon as she quiets down, it goes off so it makes it hard to find it.

PerryBebbington: LESS dangerous ! ! ! ! ? ? ? ? :confused:

Less than Kevin Wilson perhaps?

Looks like this is a single post troll to get people all lathered up. If the OP has to ask, it ain't gonna happen. ;)

GoForSmoke: Less than Kevin Wilson perhaps?

Who? :confused: