Ardinuo UNO and Mega

Hello Sir/Madam

We have designed a board keeping in mind Ardinuo Mega2560, but at present using very few pins
for connecting devices like GSM/GPRS, GPS, LCD and RFID.

As cost is coming high, we checked with Ardinu UNO and finding we can still connect all this 4 devices without issue.

Question 1) What would be cost difference between using this 2 chipsets?

1. Can i use already existing HW design of Mega(that we designed) and replace only the chipset with UNO?
    (maybe change few component ratings) OR the entire design has to change?

Please advice

Regards
Suraj

Surajthakur75:
Question 1) What would be cost difference between using this 2 chipsets?

Depends on your supplier, just check the price of each and you'll have your answer.

Surajthakur75:
2) Can i use already existing HW design of Mega(that we designed) and replace only the chipset with UNO?
(maybe change few component ratings) OR the entire design has to change?

By chipset I have to assume you mean ATmega2560 vs ATmega328P. The same components should work for either. Of course the chip package is completely different so you'll need to do significant redesign anyway.

Keep in mind that the difference between ATmega2560 and ATmega328P is not only pins. ATmega2560 has much more memory, which may be necessary if you want to use GSM/GPRS, GPS, LCD and RFID. in your project.

Also, it's spelled Arduino.

If you need more memory than a 328P has, but not all the IO of the Mega, you can also look at 1284P - 16K SRAM, 128K flash, dual hardware serial ports, 32 IO.
Size can same as an Uno, or smaller if you don't need embedded USB in the final project.
Couple examples of 1284 boards I offer:
http://www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17/

Thanks all of you(Bob and Pert) for sharing your thoughts, it does help me to arrive at some conclusion. I checked AT1284P - makes sense - and it is correct. I need more memory than UNO and less IO than Mega.
The HW designer lost 3 months in designing based on Mega, So I am little worried on going to another chipset for designing, but I have to check my cost with respect to competitors. I plan to put The Mega under higher/advanced version with many more IO additions like cameras etc and keep the base version at less cost with UNO/1284P - but design time is being considered.