Arduinio Project - Touch Screen Cooking Tempertaure Sensor

I am creating a temperature sensor for cooking purposes for a project.
I have used an Arduino Uno 3, a 2.4" TFT LCD shield and a MAX 6675.
I have been able to create menus and have been able to apply the touchscreen to them.
However, I have not been able to get the temperature sensor to work in conjunction with the rest of my code.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
My code is attached below.

LEWIS_MENU6.ino (9.21 KB)

Where are you putting your thermocouple ?

can you get the thermocouple to work by itself ?

once you get it working, it is easier to adapt to your code.

also, please read "how to use this forum" item #7 to learn how to post code
you can find this at a sticky post at the top of every forum

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

What thermocouple are you using?

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

Sorry I took a while to reply as I assumed that I would receive an email when I got a reply.
Thank you for your responses.
Regarding dave-in-nj's questions I am struggling to fit the thermocouple in my Arduino with the screen attached. I was hoping that I would be able to use the pins that the screen would normally use for the sd card to attach my thermocouple to.
I did manage to get the thermocouple to work when using the examples that came with the MAX 6675 library. However, when I tried to integrate it into my code only the initial temperature reading displayed and it did not change.
Regarding TomGeorge's questions I have not produced any drawings of my circuitry and I believe I am using a K-type thermocouple.