Arduino 1.6.8. and Arduino Uno - Uploading fails everytime

I’m got a new Arduino Uno board (I’m new to this) and while I tried to upload an example code just to test my device it said “Uploading” and it just stood on the same place for like a minute and then it showed me this error message:
Arduino: 1.6.8 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

Sketch uses 450 bytes (1%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7a
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7a
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7a
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7a
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7a
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7a
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7a
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7a
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7a
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7a
Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.png

You can see the possible problems in the attached pictures.

I've been having the same problems, except I'm using an older Arduino Duemilanove. I also tried using an Adafruit Boardino using USB BUB board to do the USB to serial interface. Same problem in both cases. I've loaded the latest FTDI drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled Arduino 1.6.8 multiple times. I'm on a Win7 machine.

Anyone got any ideas, please!!

Thanks.

Go back to 1.6.5r5 for now. I still use 1.0.6 myself for '328P, '1284P, and '2560 projects.

I finally got my Adafruit Boarduino to work by re-burning the bootloader. Perhaps the bootloader itself wasn't the problem, but the operation resets some fuses, etc. I used a USBTinyISP burner and the Arduino IDE. Select the tools --> Burn Bootloader option. I had to do it twice. The first time one byte was written incorrectly. So I did it again.

Now I can load a sketch by pressing the reset button for a second, release, and then upload.

So far I was unable to burn the bootloader on my Duemilanova.... it complains of an incorrect signature on the chip. I'll work on it.

EDIT: First problem was that I had the wrong chip selected: 328 instead of 168. Once I fixed that, I could burn the bootloader. But I kept getting byte miscompares. I burned probably a dozen times before it finally worked. Now I can upload sketches. I have some problems with it saying the COM port is in use or not available or not found. I try various things... unplug/replug the USB cable, go to Windows device manager and disable/enable the port. Eventually it works.

In short, the answer seems to be burning the bootloader.

The problem with the port being reported as in use is 1.6.8 bug in serial handling on windows.