Arduino 101 and Thingspeak

I am trying to use ThingSpeak libraries on a test project to upload sensor data (Temperature, Humidity).

My board is an Arduino 101, with WiFi 101 shield to connect to internet.

I get the following error message while compiling the sketch:

Arduino: 1.6.10 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino/Genuino 101"

WARNING: library ThingSpeak claims to run on [avr architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on esp8266 architecture(s).
In file included from /Users/x/Documents/Arduino/Display_temp_LCD_RHT03_connectWiFi_uploadTS/Display_temp_LCD_RHT03_connectWiFi_uploadTS.ino:57:0:
/Users/x/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ThingSpeak/src/ThingSpeak.h:61:4: error: #error Only Arduino MKR1000, Yun, Uno/Mega/Due with either WiFi101 or Ethernet shield. ESP8266 also supported.
   #error Only Arduino MKR1000, Yun, Uno/Mega/Due with either WiFi101 or Ethernet shield. ESP8266 also supported.
    ^
/Users/x/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ThingSpeak/src/ThingSpeak.h:84:3: error: #error "Platform not supported"
  #error "Platform not supported"
   ^
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino 101.

Any help would be appreciated!

I am trying to use ThingSpeak libraries on a test project to upload sensor data (Temperature, Humidity). Library: GitHub - mathworks/thingspeak-arduino: ThingSpeak Communication Library for Arduino, ESP8266 and ESP32

My board is an Arduino 101, with WiFi 101 shield to connect to internet.

I get the following error message while compiling the sketch:

Arduino: 1.6.10 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino/Genuino 101"

WARNING: library ThingSpeak claims to run on [avr architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on esp8266 architecture(s).
In file included from /Users/x/Documents/Arduino/Display_temp_LCD_RHT03_connectWiFi_uploadTS/Display_temp_LCD_RHT03_connectWiFi_uploadTS.ino:57:0:
/Users/x/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ThingSpeak/src/ThingSpeak.h:61:4: error: #error Only Arduino MKR1000, Yun, Uno/Mega/Due with either WiFi101 or Ethernet shield. ESP8266 also supported.
   #error Only Arduino MKR1000, Yun, Uno/Mega/Due with either WiFi101 or Ethernet shield. ESP8266 also supported.
    ^
/Users/x/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ThingSpeak/src/ThingSpeak.h:84:3: error: #error "Platform not supported"
  #error "Platform not supported"
   ^
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino 101.

Any help would be appreciated!

That ones pretty easy as the error tells you exactly what is the issue.
First off the board is not an AVR board its ARM hence not supported under that LIB you are using.
As listed in the error msg itself.

Also which wifi board as there are quite a few variations out there and some people have had alot of issues with someof the chinese ones. (link please)

Could also be that you need to update the WiFi libs or use a different one.

PS people in here are just Arduino users helping arduino users so double posting wont speed up anything. You may want to delete the duplicate post.

Hi @paluigi,
there should be no problem in using a 101 with Thingspeak library.
Two actions are required:

• first: navigate to your sketchbook/libraries/ThingSpeak folder and modify ThingSpeak.h turning
#if defined(ARDUINO_ARCH_AVR) || defined(ARDUINO_ARCH_ESP8266) || defined(ARDUINO_ARCH_SAMD) || defined(ARDUINO_ARCH_SAM)

into

#if defined(ARDUINO_ARCH_AVR) || defined(ARDUINO_ARCH_ESP8266) || defined(ARDUINO_ARCH_SAMD) || defined(ARDUINO_ARCH_SAM) || defined (ARDUINO_ARCH_ARC32)

and

#elif defined(ARDUINO_SAMD_MKR1000)

into

#elif defined(ARDUINO_SAMD_MKR1000) || defined (ARDUINO_ARCH_ARC32)

2- I see you already reported the problem on GitHub - mathworks/thingspeak-arduino: ThingSpeak Communication Library for Arduino, ESP8266 and ESP32 , maybe add a link to this forum thread so they are coupled and the maintainers guys can grab infos from here

@ chavi_sri

Yours is not even the same board OR setup.
Please do not try to hijack a completely different thread.

GO HERE RIGHT AWAY
and learn HOW to use this forum.

I looked at the first few lines of your sketch and don't know if you are using an ethernet board or the regular WiFi board or an ESP ?

By the way you may want to EDIT you post and DELETE the sketch attachment as you left ALL your details in !!

@Ballscrewbob

thank you
I'll just have a look at it .