Arduino 101 problem with I2C screen

I've bought an arduino 101 and a i2c screen but i can't use it together. The screen is 2004A with i2c module using a pcf8574t.

screen > board connection is

gnd > gnd Vcc > 5v sda > sda dedicated pin scl > scl dedicated pin

the screen turn on and the MultiSpeedI2CScanner.ino linked here http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=197360 found it at 0x27 address

I think the connection is ok but i can't write anything on the lcd I've tryed a lod of i2c libraries but they don't compile or don't work

What library i can use for do this?

The library you have to use is the Wire.h library.

Question: Pull-up resistors?

A couple of years ago I also bought one from ebay and the pins(EN,RW,RS) are swapped in some Chinese boards.
After debugging the connections I change the library and it start working.

Try it or also debug the connections between the LCD and the PCF.
They must match with bit declaration in the header file

#define En B00000100  // Enable bit
#define Rw B00000010  // Read/Write bit
#define Rs B00000001  // Register select bit

LiquidCrystal_I2C2004V1_Chinese.zip (19.1 KB)

race612- If Hugo's suggestions didn't work try changing the address in Hugo's "SerialDisplay" example from 0X27 to 0X3F.

I've been having the exact same issue with the exact same board. Once I switched the address, viola, it works.

I'm back and have the same problem....i use the display without i2c module and it work great but now for another project i need i2c screen and the problem is back...

I bought on amazon another screen with soldered i2c controller....the i2c scanner found it at 0x3F but I can't print anything on it with all libraries i found...

HugoPT thanks for the file but it still don't work....

This screen use a pcf8574at chip....

race612: I'm back and have the same problem....i use the display without i2c module and it work great but now for another project i need i2c screen and the problem is back...

I bought on amazon another screen with soldered i2c controller....the i2c scanner found it at 0x3F but I can't print anything on it with all libraries i found...

HugoPT thanks for the file but it still don't work....

This screen use a pcf8574at chip....

Trace out the pins from the Display to the PCF8574.

IC    DSP     function
12    14        D7
11    13        D6
10    12        D5
 9    11        D4
 7    15,16, transistor   Backlight
 6    4        EN
 5    3        RW
 4    2        RS

If your display does not match this, you will have to change LiquidCrystal_I2C.h

When you power on the display can you see the Dark Squares, if not, adjust your contrast control.

Chuck.