Arduino 16 doesnt start!!!

hey guys i havnt bought my arduino yet but im going to go with the Adafruit METRO 328 Fully Assembled - Arduino IDE compatible [ATmega328] : ID 50 : $17.50 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits at adafruit. but i figured before i ordered it why not download the program and mess around with it, you know to get used to it. so i downloaded arduino 16 from the arduino website and i double click the arduino icon and nothing happens (ever). so i figured maybe its sum thing with the new software, so i downloaded arduino 15. STILL NOTHING. what is goin on with this thing. of yeah i am running windows XP>Media Center>Dell>Dimension 4700.

Did you follow these instructions? - http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Windows

You did unzip the file first right?

well yes i did unzip the arduino file. and trust me im no noob to computers just a noob to arduino. but yeah i did every thing the guide told me to do well everything except for plugging in your arduino cause well i dont have one. but it doesnt say anything about the program not running with out it.

The software runs fine w/o an Arduino attached, so that's not the problem. Did you try downloading it again?

well dont think that will fix it but im trying it now

Double click "run.bat"

thanks dude that worked. but do i always have to click that cause on my computer down stairs i dont i can click “arduino.exe”

Yes you do. On the PC that the arduino.exe doesn't work there is an issue somewhere with Java.

It's the same on my PC. It's an annoyance that you'll just have to live with.

ok thanks man. WOOO HOOO now were "the java problem brothers". Actualy now that i think of it i just recently reinstalled windows do to a bad osx86 install so i dont think i even have java.