Arduino + 3V DC Motors !

I intend to control the motors of the Tamiya Twin-Motor Gearbox engines (two 3v dc motors).

I have two MotorShields:

These shields can control these 3V Motors or just larger Motors (7v-12v)? What better way to use the Tamiya Twin-Motor Gearbox with Arduino?

:-/

Thanks

P.s.: Ups, i posted this in wrong area, should be in "Hardware".

You can control these 3V motors with those shields, but you will need to use PWM to generate an effective voltage of 3V or less. For example, if your Vin is 9V then a 33% duty cycle on the PWM output will drive the motor the same way as if you had applied only 3V.

-- The Gadget Shield: accelerometer, RGB LED, IR transmit/receive, light sensor, potentiometers, pushbuttons

Thanks for the reply, I get it:)

Now comes another question, when i use one of these Motorshields i can use a 12v DC Motor, but to provide the 12v i have to connect the Vin and Grnd from shield/arduino to a 12v Battery correct?

i have to connect the Vin and Grnd from shield/arduino to a 12v Battery correct?

Yes that is correct.

.. and also power your Arduino from a 12V external supply, it will not generate the 12V if you are just powering the Arduino from USB.