Arduino+433Mhz RF kit walky talky/ Anolog to Digital and back?

hello,

i just started with arduino, i ordered 20~ module and different sensor and plan to make a couple project. ive bean looking at tutorial video for a while and can learn from any code i see. programing is not the problem. i bought a couple of radio kit from ebay, the cheap 1$ 433Mhz one that have separate receiver and transmitter. from the chinesesy product description you can tell they are digital input/output. i thought i could do some trick to make it work. if not or too expensive ill just do with CW (morse code) instead.

is this possible to:
analog(voice)->digital Air digital->analog(voice)

here’s the spec:
Receiver
1.Product Model: MX-05V
2.Operating voltage: DC5V
3.Quiescent Current: 4mA
4.Receiving frequency: 433.92MHZ
5.Receiver sensitivity:-105DB

Transmitter
1.Product Model: MX-FS-03V
5.Operating mode: AM
6.Transfer rate: 4KB / S
7.Transmitting power: 10mW
8.Transmitting frequency: 433M

each walky talky will have a arduino pro mini, so maybe something in software?
sound clarity is not very important, only understandable with static is good.

if not i got plenty of electronic part, ive bean working without IC’s for years and years. i always wanted to make something with chips but never had the chance. back in the day arduino were too expensive to be worth small project(50$+) but now you can get one for way less. so i just jumped the boat.

++++++++ i just want to know know to do it +++++++
i didn’t receive my stuff yet, am just getting prepared.

The question ends up with can you transmit 64k bits per second over your link, if you can then you should be able to do this if not then ....

Mark

PS more tomorrow (the red wine git to me)

M

the specs says: 4kb/s
i think that is digital, so analog after decoding would be lower.

The audio bandwidth could be as low as 3000 Hz (from 400 - 3400) and still be intelligible but the digital representation may need more bandwidth.

PeterH link

i dont care if it sounds like a 8bit nintendo, i just want to make it work.

Your land line digital phone uses 64kbs so 4kbs sounds ( :smiley: ) to low. But where do you get 4kbs from a 433MHz should do a lot better?

Mark

i dont understand all those number and being french sure doesnt help to differentiate normal phrase from sarcasm but here my take on that:

433MHz is the carrier frequency and doesn't affect anything except range and penetration of the signal. 4kbs is the maximum data transfer, the speed at witch the information is send.
correct me if am wrong, am here to learn.

4kbs is the maximum data transfer, the speed at witch the information is send.

Where do you get this from.

Mark

Receiver
1.Product Model: MX-05V
2.Operating voltage: DC5V
3.Quiescent Current: 4mA
4.Receiving frequency: 433.92MHZ
5.Receiver sensitivity:-105DB

Transmitter
1.Product Model: MX-FS-03V
5.Operating mode: AM
6.Transfer rate: 4KB / S
7.Transmitting power: 10mW
8.Transmitting frequency: 433M

i think i updated/edited the main post while you started posting the first time.

And again where do you get 4kbs from!!!!

Mark

... audio from microphone, maybe amp if required. analog.
i dont quite get your question.

Those 433 Modules can do a bit better than 4 k , Ive managed 4800 BPS but thats about the limit.
The receiver is the limiting factor.
The error rate goes up rapidly as the speed is increased beyond 4800.

do you know a way to convert Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog with arduino?
is this possible on software?

ok, i think i need a resistor ladder to get analog from digital. am alright on that part.
now, i only need how to get digital from analog without changing the core of the message.

alright i found this:

with the precious fact that my receiver/emitter combo can work with voice, i think ill be ready for my project when the time comes.

with a couple of adjustment i think we can make this work. if anyone has comment please tell me.