arduino accelerometer with arduino lcd shield v1.1

I am new to electronics and I am trying to use a 3 axis gyro with accelerometer sensor with the lcd shield and am having trouble trying to figure out what needs to be wired to what to get this to work. On the accelerometer there are vcc, gnd, scl. sda, xda, xcl, ado, and and int connections. What do these mean and how do I know what gets connected to what? I know that three of these go to A1 A2 and A3 because they are what transmit the analog signals but I'm not really sure where any of the other ones need to go.

You need to get a data sheet for your accelerometer and read it.

there are vcc, gnd, scl. sda, xda, xcl, ado, and and int connections.

If that is true,

three of these go to A1 A2 and A3 because they are what transmit the analog signals

The that is not.

I2C tutorial.

What is the part number for the accelerometer? There is probably a library to make using it easier.

Update: I found the datasheet and this is what they all mean but I could still use some help as to what I need to do with them.

VCC = Power supply voltage and Digital I/O supply voltage
GND = Power supply ground
SCL = 2C serial clock (SCL)
SDA = I 2C serial data (SDA)
XDA = For connecting external sensors
XCL = For connecting external sensors
ADD = I 2C Slave Address LSB (AD0)
INT = Interrupt digital output (totem pole or open-drain)

For a single sensor setup with just an accel, you only need SDA, SCL, Ground and Vcc. Read the I2C tutorial to see what those pins do. What is the part number?

Hi,

What is your accel unit part number etc etc?
What is the LCD unit?

Can you post a link to where you purchased them or to spec/data?

As said before, if it is a common unit then there will possibly be a Library for it to make your efforts easier.

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

This is the data sheet for the mpu 6050 accelerometer that I bought. I found the block diagram (page 24) and from what I understand this is how I need to wire my board. Would it be better for me to just look up how to read these diagrams, or could someone break this down for me? I have 2 weeks to figure this out
for engineering design and development with no background in electronics and finals next week, so thank you everyone for your help.

The MPU6050 is a very popular sensor to use with Arduinos. A search for, "arduino mpu6050", on this forum gets almost 5000 hits and a Google search nearly half a million.

Hi,
Did you buy just the IC or did you buy it on a PCB?
If a PCB can you tell us where you bought it, and/or a picture of the PCB.
If not on a PCB how do you aim to connect to it?

What is the LCD unit?

I have 2 weeks to figure this out for engineering design and development with no background in electronics and finals next week, so thank you everyone for your help.

What is the course, what have they taught you?
Have you asked for help within your school/university?

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile: