Arduino Aircraft Gauges

Hiya.
I have recently purchased an old aircraft gauge. It simply has two terminals, one positive, one ground. Putting power into the positive makes the single arm go upwards. I would like to use this with the simulator X-Plane. I was wondering how I'd go about making my Arduino Pro Micro interpret the data sent from the simulator and sent this to the gauge and make it display this data. I am a complete newbie at Arduino so also telling me which pins I should use would also be great.

Thanks,
Blizzard

X-Plane has a devoper site on things like these. In the easiest case you can tream data vover seral and read it on your arduino. Use the ardonino PWM on the gauge. Please check first, how much voltage represents the maximum value - it could be higher than 5V or much lower. In the second case build a voltage devider, so that 100% PWM == maximum voltage of gauge. In the first case ... well, check it first :slight_smile:

zwieblum:
X-Plane has a devoper site on things like these. In the easiest case you can tream data vover seral and read it on your arduino. Use the ardonino PWM on the gauge. Please check first, how much voltage represents the maximum value - it could be higher than 5V or much lower. In the second case build a voltage devider, so that 100% PWM == maximum voltage of gauge. In the first case ... well, check it first :slight_smile:

It could in fact also be current driven.

What gauge? If you don't know what the gauge measures, you could fry it easily with an overvoltage or overcurrent.

If it's a D’Arsonval meter movement, here is an article that tells how to determine what is the full-scale meter current.