Arduino and audio data logging

Hi,

I want to buy an Arduino supporting I2S interface, also I want to log the audio data into, maybe an SD card or sth. for later processing(for example, processing in Matlab), that's because I want to store a relatively long period of audio data recorded. The I2S sampling rate should be above 44.1KHz.

I looked at this Adafruit Feather 32u4 Adalogger : ID 2795 : $21.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

I am not sure if it can do that? Any other recommended devices?

Thank you in advance

I have concerns of that device in:

1. Can Feather 32u4 support I2S sampling rate equals to or above 44.1 KHz?

2. Can Feather 32u4's SD card data logging speed "catch up" with the I2S sampling speed(suppose 44.1 KHz sampling rate)

I think you'd have a lot more luck going with either a Teensy 3.5 or a Teensy 3.6. They both are extremely fast (120MHz and 180MHz respectively), have 16bit ADCs, and all sorts of cool stuff.

I've seen a few projects that successfully use Teensys for audio projects, but I don't know about I2S.

Teensy 3.5
Teensy 3.6

To be honest, though, you might want something even faster. I remember getting a 2KHz sample rate when doing datalogging on a Teensy 3.5 once. Not even close to 44KHz. You might still consider looking into Teensies, though.

Power_Broker:
I think you'd have a lot more luck going with either a Teensy 3.5 or a Teensy 3.6. They both are extremely fast (120MHz and 180MHz respectively), have 16bit ADCs, and all sorts of cool stuff.

I've seen a few projects that successfully use Teensys for audio projects, but I don't know about I2S.

Teensy 3.5
Teensy 3.6

To be honest, though, you might want something even faster. I remember getting a 2KHz sample rate when doing datalogging on a Teensy 3.5 once. Not even close to 44KHz. You might still consider looking into Teensies, though.

Thank you, if without SD card, can I use UART or other serial ports to log audio data on a desktop PC? I tried with an UART port but I found that due to the fact UART port has a slight difference in baud rate in RX&TX, the audio data suffered from distortions, especially high frequency audio signal.

UwindsorLS:
Thank you, if without SD card, can I use UART or other serial ports to log audio data on a desktop PC? I tried with an UART port but I found that due to the fact UART port has a slight difference in baud rate in RX&TX, the audio data suffered from distortions, especially high frequency audio signal.

Teensy 3.5 and 3.6 boards supports up to 2,000,000 UART baud, so they will definitely be able to do the trick if you want to do PC datalogging

OK, I found this one also, it's in the Feather's family but it looks more powerful.

It has the clock of 48MHz, and I read this post

Some people claimed that by using the SdFat lib and a class 4 SD card, it was possible to increase the SD card writing speed up to about 120kBps.

I haven't used the Cortex M0, even if it has 48 MHz clock rate, I am not sure of its performance, can somebody tell me if its performance fits high speed sampling and data writing?
OK, I have a class 10 card