Arduino and C#

I would like to know how do I create a program in c# to be used in a Robot, that is not going to be connected via USB. It would be released from the computer.

Jorge

You cannot program the Arduino using C#. It uses C++ as its programming language.

I would like to know how do I create a program in c#

Simple. Fire up Visual Studio. Open a new project, choosing some C# template, and start typing.

to be used in a Robot

How? The robot is going to carry the PC around?

that is not going to be connected via USB.

Then, why IS the robot carrying the PC around?

My problem is that I would like to do the samething that I do with C++ using C#. As an example, creating a program that moves a robot around.

jlamonteiro:
My problem is that I would like to do the samething that I do with C++ using C#. As an example, creating a program that moves a robot around.

It is very simple, Arduino can't be programmed in C#, only C++. So you'll have to toss the Arduino and let the robot carry around a PC.

It is very simple, Arduino can't be programmed in C#

A Netduino can, though.

You can use C# to communicate with the Arduino by Serial connection (see the SerialPort class). As you don’t want a USB cable between robot and PC, you can use a serial bluetooth (such as the cheap HC-05, but range is about 10 meters) or other wireless technologies.

Thanks all.

I have tried netduino but I cannot buy it in Brazil, where I live.