Arduino and cameras and images and such

Mods this might be on the wrong board, sorry for that.

From what I've read in passing, seems Arduini do not have the oomph for handling images, but I'm not sure if that's true for stills? Are there any cameras which a stand-alone Arduino Uno could use for still photography, preferably time-lapse so that pix could be stored on an SD card, say? The pix could be viewed later, or maybe even made available to a browser, seeing as the SD holder is on my ethernet card 8)
I don't have a real application in mind here, just dabbling in my usual way.....

There is a thread here with hundreds of posts , concerning interfacing with the OV7670 device.

There is also something called "arducam" which you can google.

Thanks- I'll look for those....

Jim

michinyon:
There is a thread here with hundreds of posts , concerning interfacing with the OV7670 device.

Yes there is and you can find it here OV7670 with both arduino uno and now mega - Sensors - Arduino Forum
You are correct even the arduino uno can handle the ov7670 and the MT9D111 and lots of other (untested) sensors. The key is just getting the data to come out slow enough which is easy to do just feed it an 8mhz clock using PWM and set prescale/divider in the sensor.