Arduino and D-latch bargraphe driver

hello sorry for my futur English a bit limited .

i would like to create a "DIY" multi bargraphe driver. so i draw this shematic, can someone say me if the latch gate will work as i want please?

my idea is to make the led "climb" when the potentiometer is high and down when LOW

thanks for your replie

You don’t need any latches to do what you want, all you need is software. This is almost the same software as you will need to drive a latch, so there is no need for a latch.

i know i can do that with software my project board is a due and i just have 13 pin availaible and i would like to drive more than 15 leds so thats why

the idea is not to put only one latch , it is the put 2 or 3 74hc so that couldnt be do only by software

Then in that case you don’t want a D-type latch, there is no pin advantage in that. What you need is an addressable latch like a 74HCT259, or a port expander like a MCP28017.

i have look at this and that doesnt work as i want

Why?
Nothing else is going to.

Then why does it say Mega 328 on your diagram? That is just what is in the Uno.

You can do all this without an Arduino by using a LM3914, LM3915 or LM3916. They make a voltage input and light up the number of bars according. Each one has a different relationship between the voltage and what bars are lit up, like linear, dBs or log.

I probably badly explain what i want to do , im french ;D

the idea is to use the atmega328 but if i can i will use it on my due ,

the problème is i dont have enouth available pins on my due because it is on a big project

i read the data sheet of the two componant you say and first it's not exactly what i want to do, and they are not disponible on the website where i will buy xD

the global objective is to make something able to memorise state on a pins when an impulse go in , (a D latcch xD)

because at the end there will be 2 or 3 structure like that .
so the only thing i don't know is , the D latch will work for that .
thank for your help in any case ^^

No it is not, your object is to light LEDs according to some software criteria.
Forget impulses they are just a distraction about the details of how to achieve what you want to do.

This is called an X-Y Problem, it is not the problem you have but a problem with how you think you are going to achieve a solution.

Yes those chips will solve your problem.

You don’t seem to be understanding what those chips will do, they will give you more pins. A D-type latch will not give you more pins because it takes you more pins to drive than you would need to just use a single pin.

Your mind set seems to be fixed on impulses, it is irrelevant.

disponible - in English is disposable - which means things you can throw away. I suspect you mean "for sale".

How about buying at a place that has a decent selection of chips?

So I will leave it up to others to suggest other things you will not like.
Why ask a question if you are going to reject answers that for some uncountable reason you don't like?

Maybe a shift register will work to save the state of an input pin at different times?

as i say i'm french xD
i havn't any problème with your solution , i just want to buy all of it on the same website. i will search if i can't find a good website withound 100E or deliverie xD

Is this a secret web site because if you don’t tell us where it is how on earth can we guess what it sells? My crystal ball is on the blink here so I only know what you tell me.

no gotronic but if you have better and less costly i would like to get the URL ^^

So how about you start by giving me the url of "no gotronic" and telling me what you want to buy apart from port expander chips?
It is unlikely that one website will have the best prices on everything.

it's gotronic xD

Not actually a URL is it?
And what other stuff do you want to buy?

it's www.gotronic.fr

but i check my schématic with my teatcher and he said me that the probably less costly and that will work

And did you tell him what you told us about needing more pins to drive than the latch delivers and you are running out of pins?

@bluetoun, if you don’t do anything it will be even less costly, definitely
does you have a fixed budget?

Less than 15E
The solution behind cost 13E

I thing you don't understand the idea
All the latch will be on the same pins
But the pin control will be on one pins each so
I juste have to select the latch and write on it

It like a multiplex maybe