Arduino AND ESP8266 failure to upload anything

Hey Everyone,
Need some help please. I have run into some problems. Ive been trying to get the Arduino IDE to work with my hardware. Im trying to read sensors using MQTT for the client on an esp8266 and a couple of WEMOS D1 Mini Lite using Node Red for the GUI, reporting to a Raspberry Pi 3B using MQTT wirelessly. Im not quite there however as Im still fiddling around with the interfacing. I get a bunch of errors on the Aruino IDE, all related to the same thing or so I think. I attached my error log below. I do have PlatformIO installed because ive been playing around with that on the side. Do you think theres a conflict?Let me know what you think.

Arduino: 1.8.8 (Windows 7), Board: “NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module), 80 MHz, Flash, Disabled, 4M (1M SPIFFS), v2 Lower Memory, Disabled, None, Only Sketch, 115200”…

ERROR Log.txt (117 KB)

There is actually only one error:

C:\Users\pdisner\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\tools\xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc\2.5.0-3-20ed2b9/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-ar: unable to rename 'C:\Users\pdisner\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_671115\core\core.a'; reason: File exists

The rest are warnings.

Regarding the error:
This sort of error could be caused by your antivirus software. Try TEMPORARILY disabling your antivirus for a single compilation to see if the problem goes away, then turn the antivirus back on. If the problem doesn't occur with the antivirus off you will need to adjust the settings of your antivirus to whitelist the appropriate file, folder, or process so it doesn't interfere with compilation.

Regarding the warnings:
These aren't actually causing any problems but they do clutter up the output, and so are quite annoying. For now, let's focus on finding a solution for the error. After that, I'll be happy to provide instructions for how you can fix the warnings if you like.

EXCELLENT! That was soo simple. Why isnt that suggestion on the many, many pages ive read. Thank you much. I have a couple of related questions:
-This Blink sketch is taking about 5min to upload @9600. Is that normal?
-How can i access the Access Point that the MCU board puts out, even when there arent any sketches loaded?
The project that im working after getting them to operate correctly on is using WEMOS D1 Mini Lite Boards to take wireless sensor readings, for now im using the DS18B20 Waterproof temp probes, and sending data to raspberry pi server. From there, Ill add other types of sensors, using the WEMOS Mini Lite because of the footprint. Can you give me some advice on how to do that? I would like to have a Nice GUI as well and was thinking of using Node Red to do all this, but have little experience w/that. Let me know what you think and thanks again for the BIG help.

NoSurfnAZ:
EXCELLENT! That was soo simple.

I'm glad if I was able to help you get it working.

NoSurfnAZ:
-This Blink sketch is taking about 5min to upload @9600. Is that normal?

Probably. ESP8266 sketches are very big because there is a lot of code for the WiFi stuff that gets included in even the most simple sketch.

Why do you have it set to 9600? It should be much faster to upload at a higher baud rate (though compilation still takes the same amount of time).

NoSurfnAZ:
-How can i access the Access Point that the MCU board puts out, even when there arent any sketches loaded?

The ESP8266 stores the WiFi configuration in non-volatile memory that persists through sketch uploads. I have never tried to access the AP when I didn't have a sketch that was written to use the AP. I don't think it would do you any good to connect to it.

Is MQTT, in your opinion, the best way to go about what im trying to do?

I have very little experience with MQTT, but it seems like a reasonable choice. Maybe someone else here with more experience in this area will chime in with their opinion.

Are you running the MQTT broker on the Raspberry Pi?

For some reason, I'm having the same problem. Even I did disable the AV, i still get that error...
Even ran arduino.exe as Administrator.