Arduino and hyperion ambilight

Hi!
I recently started with tutorials of how to set an ambilight sistem with an arduino and a raspberry.
I was told that any arduino can work to send data to a led strip (I'm using a ws2812b), but I bought an Usb2serial one and it has no digital pins.
My question is, does the Rx or Tx pins works the same as a "normal" digital arduino pin?
I only need to use it to send data because I'm going to use an external energy source.
Thanks in advance! Hope you can help me :slight_smile:

I was told that any arduino can work to send data to a led strip (I'm using a ws2812b), but I bought an Usb2serial one and it has no digital pins.

Then what you bought is not an Arduino. It sounds more like a USB to serial converter

Please post a link to exactly what you bought

I have not found the same model online, yet.
These are the pics I took from it

As I suspected, that is a USB to serial converter and although it appears to be made by Arduino (unless it is s fake) it is not actually a processor board

Where did you get it from if not on line ?

https://store.arduino.cc/arduino-usb-2-serial-micro

Through Facebook market lol
A guy was selling some stuff that he doesn't use anymore, i thought this was an Arduino nano (he had others, so I can go and try to change it).
The link you shared (thanks!) Says that it has a Tx pin used to transmite data and I thought that it still can be used to send the signal I need to my LEDs to work, as it also uses the same driver as the arduino Uno

Change it or keep it in case you need it at some time. Clone Nanos are very cheap on Ebay