Arduino and Pololu Simple Motor controller, Not so simple

I’m trying to use a Pololu Simple Motor Controller to drive a DC gear motor. I’m still small scale testing to add this to a much bigger project which is too complicated to mention, same project as this: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,77129.0.html I have a battery pack connected to the VIN on the SMC and a 6-12v gear motor with a capacitor across the leads. Ive got three wires headed toward the Decemilia, Gnd, Vin, and Rx. Vin and Gnd are running the Arduino, RX wire connected to pin 1 the TX. I have the simplest skecth i can think of to just run the motor forward at full speed for 1000 and stop for 1000.
void setup(){
// start serial port at 9600 bps
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.print(“GO”); //clears error start protection
delay (100);
}

void loop(){
Serial.write(“F3200”); // send a string to Start the motor forward at full speed
delay(1000);
Serial.write(“X”); // send a string to Stop the motor
delay(1000);
}

I have an FTDI board and am seeing the ASCII commands coming across the Serial Wire. Also i have connected to the SMC through a hyperterminal and can control the SMC using the same commands

HELP!

Instead of this:

Serial.print("GO<CR>");

Try this

Serial.print("GO\r");

Carriage return is \r
Newline is \n

Erni:
Instead of this:

Serial.print("GO<CR>");

Try this

Serial.print("GO\r");

Carriage return is \r
Newline is \n

That worked! the dumb manual said i could use either \r or or something else. Thanks! Now to integreate it into the machine and adjust the code. then we might be making airplanes!