Arduino and relay

Hi… Im just a newbie, really2 new at that one. Also, im not an electrical/mechanical student. Sorry if my question sounds silly.

I have a simple project, to open/energised an electronic lock using a relay. The lock is from china, has 4 wire which are live(red), ground(black), N.C(white), N.O(blue).

I can open/energised the lock based on the digital signal sent from the Arduino. The problem now, how can i use the N.C or N.O wire to know if the lock is currently lock or not. I really dont understand how to use the N.C and N.O wire on the lock, to the arduino

Really need your help. Thanks

IF you were serious about getting an answer to you question, you would have supplied some information on the lock. Pretty hard for us to see the lock from here!

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
IF you were serious about getting an answer to you question, you would have supplied some information on the lock. Pretty hard for us to see the lock from here!

Yep. The more info you provide, the more help you'll get. Model number? Photo? Anything.

Also, if you have a multimeter, check the white and blue wires for a signal coming out with the lock in either position. If no signal, check for continuity with the lock in either position.

Report your results.