Arduino and RTTY

Hello, i want to make RTTY transmitter with arduino is there a useful tutorial for that? Thanks :)

Take a look at this site

http://www.w3yy.com/fsk.htm

This paragraph:
“It’s easy with most modern transceivers to operate FSK. They provide an input that can be keyed from the PC if you have the right interface. I use MMTTY software for everyday operation and N1MM software with MMTTY in contests. WRITELOG and other ham software will also work. The needed interface is the traditional open-collector solid-state circuit that has been in use since the beginning of ham software development.”

If that’s the case, the arduino driving a resistor into the base of a transistor with the collector going to the RF equipement is very straightforward.

Or did you want to make the arduino create a pulse train at one frequency and then a 2nd frequency that you send to a transmitter?

Hello CrossRoads, at the moment i`am transmitt morse code from arduino to ICOM scanner on AM. arduino > oscilator > octal amp ====> scanner

But the morse code is slow, my question is there somthing like a tutorial to haw to transmit RTTY, not a morse on same way?

Nothing obvious that I see. What is the input to the arduino that you want translate into 1/0s to control the oscillator with to change the frequncy it transmits?

GPS coordinates, temperature etc

So you would take those in serially, & resend out via the open collector driver to your transmitter, maybe adding some info at the start of messages to incidate what device the data came from so the receiving end would know what to do with it?

RTTY uses a 5 bit code transmitted at 45 or 50 baud. It is a bit like asynchronous or serial data. There are one and a half stop bits and the half is very important. It uses a shift code to get all
the letters and numbers out of the 32 code values 5 bits give you.
It is transmitted as two audio tones one for mark and the other for space. It should be possible to do this with an arduino but I don’t know anyone who has.

At that rate, seems like a lot of data is gonna be buffered up waiting to go out.