arduino and scart/video

hi!

Due to the fact, that I'm new to arduino, i want to ask a question.

is it possible to have arduino receive rgb data [ok. this would be possible as i read it on various postings] and send it to an scart adapter with three inputs ( audio L/R and video)?

reflect.

AD725 from Analog Devices is the chip you need. You don't need to do it with a microcontroller.

AD725 from Analog Devices is the chip you need. You don't need to do it with a microcontroller.

Thanks for the hint.

Nevertheless i need to provide the signal, that may be done with arduino(?), but giving the idea a second thought, the data could not be processed in realtime, because

• the buffer is too small,
  • the calculations won't be that fast to provide realtime signal data, to have a clear video on tv screen ( and im not talking about hd :P)

But I'll give it a try. Maybe there is another solution outside. Thanks again.

I am not sure you can be any closer to do what you need with an Arduino... it can barely generate monochromatic video signal with very low resolution.

There is one more complexity which is the nature of the RGB signal. You have both digital and analog RGB... and also the sync signal...

Maybe the AD725 is not the one you need, because it looks like you want to do some processing to the RGB signal (up-down convertion?) before generating Luma / Chroma... then you need something similar to the AD725 that takes RGB and generates parallel digital information, then you can manipulate it with Arduino or other microcontroller and then you need to add another chip that takes the digital information and generates the video signal for you.

If you google for RGB to VGA converters, you will find some examples of how this can be done.

If you want to add overlay to your RBG video, there is also a chip that can do it for you.

I am not sure you can be any closer to do what you need with an Arduino… it can barely generate monochromatic video signal with very low resolution.

There is one more complexity which is the nature of the RGB signal. You have both digital and analog RGB… and also the sync signal…

Maybe the AD725 is not the one you need, because it looks like you want to do some processing to the RGB signal (up-down convertion?) before generating Luma / Chroma… then you need something similar to the AD725 that takes RGB and generates parallel digital information, then you can manipulate it with Arduino or other microcontroller and then you need to add another chip that takes the digital information and generates the video signal for you.

If you google for RGB to VGA converters, you will find some examples of how this can be done.

If you want to add overlay to your RBG video, there is also a chip that can do it for you.

Thanks for your answer. I’ll have to do more research to complete this task. I really appreciate your help.

reflect.