Arduino and the M590E GSM module.

Hello i bought a couple of these M590E gsm modules here for a GSM upcoming project. Problem I’m having is that I can talk to the module by sending it AT commands. So i do have enough power on it. From what I’m reading the module says 5v on it and from what I’m reading everyone is using a 5v power. But the module says 3.3v in the datasheet. it does have a dioide and a 100UF capacitor on it I’m guessing to step down the voltage from 5 to 3 or 3.3 volts. I’m using a arduino uno to talk to it. Everyone else I’m seeing there are using a FTDI on it.

So the problem is I’m not able to get a network connection. The Sim card does work i can put it into a cellphone and make calls and text messages. It is not sim locked. Here is where I’m getting the AT commands at.

Can someone please help me. It seems a lot of people are having this problem I’m following everything they say to fix this problem But so far nothing. I have 2 of these gsm modules both are having this problem.

Oh I’m sorrry i forgot one thing the 5 volts Power supply is a 5 volts 4 amps power adapter.

Joseph

This is the Sketch I’m using.

#include <SoftwareSerial.h> 
SoftwareSerial modem(2, 3);  // Rx, Tx

void setup() {
  // initialize both serial ports:
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Serial.println("Modem test");
  modem.begin(38400);
}

void loop() {

while (Serial.available() > 0){