Arduino and vvvv getting no response

Ahoi folks,

I'm really new in Arduino and v4 because I need it for my thesis about non-linear visualisation. So I tried to get some input/output from the Arduino in collaboration with vvvv. I have some tutorials done with the book "Prototyping Interfaces" but nothing happens when I start v4 and enable the connection between PC and Arduino. I've installed the StandartFirmata on the Arduino and followed the instrucktions in the book. there is a simple setting with arduino and a LED even that wont work. Some ideas where I can find the failure to fix that? Do you need some more informations?

Many thanks in advance

Frank

You're missing a lot of context.

Freako:
I'm really new in Arduino and v4

What is v4?

Freako:
input/output from the Arduino in collaboration with vvvv.

What is vvvv?

Freako:
I have some tutorials done with the book "Prototyping Interfaces"

What book is that? Is an Arduino book? Maybe something using the program Processing?

Freako:
setting with arduino and a LED even that wont work.

Define "won't work".

Freako:
Do you need some more informations?

Not more, some.

Clearly you're working from some starting point, what is it.

This isn't an installation problem, right? I'm hard pressed to tell what sort of problem it is.

vvvv is an visual programming Language. Prototyping Interfaces is an New Book, how to work with vvvv and how to get arduino and Some other external stuff like kinect from Xbox to work with that. For more information about vvvv watch at vvvv.org or the wiki vvvv - Wikipedia.

I only read installation and troubleshooting.
Is it possible to switch the thread or should I open a new one?!

Sorry, my bad.