Arduino>AP>Upload data.....

I'm looking for the terminology/possiblity having my Arduino gathering data to a SD card up in a tree, (solar powered) then switching my phone over to tethering/becoming a access point, then my phone downloading/Arduino uploading the data. Obviously when Arduino is connected to phone it doesn't have to record any data, but then must wipe once uploaded.
Ideally also time sync when connected to the phone, I think I have read you can get a time by connecting Arduino to a IP address like talking clock or something rather then using a battery time module thing.
Scope of project is to measure wind speed up a tree every 5-10 minutes, store the data, me to arrive once a week without having to climb the tree, download the data, wipe, start again. Also only look for WiFi mid day every Tuesday or something to save on battery.

Looking for possibilities/likelihood and technical terms for anything of the above to help on my Google searches. Arduino upload data WiFi is giving me a lot of upload sketches over WiFi hits.

Regards

I see a problem deriving solar power in a tree!

An ESP8266 based board will be more suitable.
Built-in WiFi connection and up to 3 MB of SPIFFS file storage on board.

Paul__B:
I see a problem deriving solar power in a tree!

No problem the panel will be mounted on the a part of the branch that has previously been blown of by the wind, it's a beech tree. Thank you.

wvmarle:
An ESP8266 based board will be more suitable.
Built-in WiFi connection and up to 3 MB of SPIFFS file storage on board.

Sorry should have said I've got a wemos D1 and external SD card, apart from the D1 I have a few esp-01s but they have limited pins. Decided on external sd card incase I want to monitor wind speed 24/7 or at z later date add other sensors.
Regards

3 MB can store LOTS of data, especially if you use a binary format, and not using an external SD card will save quite some power.

wvmarle:
3 MB can store LOTS of data, especially if you use a binary format, and not using an external SD card will save quite some power.

Argh yes but was thinking about adding sound too for another project. Ok more scope, to start of with measuring wind speeds for average yearly rate, see which trees are more windy, then add bird boxes, then to see which bird boxes become preference.
Then I thought it would be nice to add audio to these boxes later on, was thinking video too but no way is solar or Arduino is going to work. Audio with use of a mems mic should give reasonable results.

But first and foremost is the two way communication and data transfer, so looking to see if this is possible, what is is called, the technical term so I can look up some sketches and see about any protocols etc etc. It's not peer to peer is it?

Regards

I think it is peer to peer, P2P, I've just found this, looks quite promising arduino uno - Peer to peer communication - Arduino Stack Exchange

Will have to have a further in-depth look at the code later.