Arduino as a hub or WAP?

I'm attempting to use an Arduino to read a bunch of sensors (RPM, fuel level, altitude, vertical speed, cylinder head temperature...) and serve them up as a webpage to my Android. It turns out that's not to tough except for one critical problem - my Droid Eris won't recognize an Ad Hoc connection.

So I've spent a few million hours updating my Droid to try and make it recognize an Ad Hoc network, but to no avail. I'm now wondering if it's possible to make my Arduino act like a "real" network (hub, WAP...?). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. It's best to assume I know nothing at all about networks and nearly nothing about Arduinos.

Thanks for any thoughts!

someone got it to work Android Ad-hoc support hack/wpa_supplicant | XDA Forums

you could connect the arduino and the android both to a real wifi router, but that would defeat the purpose

sirbow2:
someone got it to work Android Ad-hoc support hack/wpa_supplicant | XDA Forums

Yup. I've been through that one - and every other thing I could find. That describes how to make the Android see and use ad-hoc networks. I've not been able to make it work on a Droid Eris, and haven't found anything that really suggest it can work on an Eris. In any event, I'm sort of inclined to try to solve it on the Arduino end - in part so no one else has to go through all of this to use the little widget I'm building.

No ideas on making the Arduino act as a normal (not ad-hoc) hub?

Thanks again.