Arduino as ISP will burn boot loader, but not load sketch

I have an UNO set up as 'Arduino as ISP' connected to a SMD Atmega328P-AU 5V, 16Mz setup. I can burn the boot loader to it, but I am not able to use the UNO to upload a sketch to it. With the exact same wiring configuration I use to burn the boot loader to it, shouldn't I be able to also load a sketch to it. (I have settings/programmer/Arduino as ISP selected). I know I can load a sketch over serial now, with the boot loader on it, but that is not an option, as the Rx/Tx pins are not available.

Is there some reason I can't load a sketch to it. I have the board set to Arduino Pro 5V/16mhz, the programmer set to Arduino as ISP, and the port set to the UNO, which has the ISP sketch on it.

I loaded Gammon's Fuse calculator on the UNO and ran it to see what I could find out about the target SMD chip and got this info below.

Atmega fuse calculator.
Written by Nick Gammon.
Version 1.10
Compiled on Mar 27 2015 at 13:13:52 with Arduino IDE 10600.
Attempting to enter programming mode ...
Entered programming mode OK.
Signature = 0x1E 0x95 0x0F
Processor = ATmega328P
Flash memory size = 32768
LFuse = 0xFF
HFuse = 0xDA
EFuse = 0xFD
Lock byte = 0xCF
Clock calibration = 0xA0
External Reset Disable..................
Debug Wire Enable.......................
Enable Serial (ICSP) Programming........
Watchdog Timer Always On................
Preserve EEPROM through chip erase......
Boot into bootloader....................
Divide clock by 8.......................
Clock output............................
Bootloader size: 2048 bytes.
Start-up time: SUT0: SUT1: (see datasheet)
Clock source: low-power crystal.
Brownout detection at: 2.7V.

Are you doing file → upload using programmer?

If you just click upload, it will try to upload the normal way (over serial using bootloader)

DrAzzy:
Are you doing file -> upload using programmer?

If you just click upload, it will try to upload the normal way (over serial using bootloader)

The target chip is connected via ICSP header, not Serial RX/TX.

DrAzzy:
Are you doing file -> upload using programmer?

OH! I see that! Under 'File' Sorry. I just thought if I choose 'Programmer/Arduino as ISP' that it would do that automatically. This must be my problem. Thanks!

That worked!