Arduino As Webcam?

Hello everyone,

I want to use my Arduino as a webcam, but not like you would think. I want to be able to send an image it would output as its video.

Think of like ManyCam or something, where you can display images as your webcam.

I want to be able to have that feature that ManyCam has on my Arduino and in USB form.

Does anyone know how I would go about this exactly? The Arduino is going to need to be shown as a webcam so that a computer or even a game console like the PS3 would recognize it as a webcam.

Thanks, Leon Blade

I want to be able to send an image it would output as its video.

Send an image from where? To where?

The Arduino is going to need to be shown as a webcam so that a computer or even a game console like the PS3 would recognize it as a webcam.

Which Arduino do you have? If you have anything other than the newest version, you can't do this. Even with the Uno or Mega 2560, you have a mountain of work to do to make this happen.

I think a cheaper way would be to just go get a webcam, but thank you a lot for contributing to the Forum we need these crazy ideas to come in.After the crazy idea comes in the senior memebr can help kinda mold it and probally improve it why can the older memebers just be more supportive. ::)

Alright, well thank you everyone for your kind and quick replies. To MakerMann, I can't really just get a webcam, that's not what I'm trying to achieve here, but thank you for your response.

And thank you to everyone else as well, I'll look into possibly constructing an application on a computer and go USB to USB with that... I don't know, this isn't the place to brainstorm this idea ;)

I am just saying after reading a few crazy idea I got some decent ideas.

@makermann: Please feel free to toddle off and actually implement some of your crazy ideas, and come back when you've got some real problems and not just inane post count-boosting guff.

If you're bored because it is school holidays, why not take yourself off to a quiet place and read a good book? I recommend 'The art of electronics'

Or 'English for Dummies'.