arduino autopilot for raft

Hi arduino.cc. i have a big raft with a 6hp motor on it. i plan on using a windshild wiper motor to turn the motor right and left. i have no problem with the electrical side, but im having a lot of troble with the coding bit. i have found this code online, is it possipel to convert it to use with relays? code

is it possipel to convert it to use with relays?

Instead of servos? Seems unlikely. A servo motor can be moved in small amounts in either direction. A relay is either on or off.

What, exactly, do the relays control?

malthemail: i have found this code online, is it possipel to convert it to use with relays?

Yes. It's not a very good sketch but certainly parts of it will be useful for your problem. I'd start with an empty sketch and move over a little bit at a time. First put in just enough to read and display the compass. Then add a way to specify your desired heading. Then display the difference between your current heading and your desired heading. Then add code to move the steering motor.

malthemail: Hi arduino.cc. i have a big raft with a 6hp motor on it. i plan on using a windshild wiper motor to turn the motor right and left. i have no problem with the electrical side, but im having a lot of troble with the coding bit. i have found this code online, is it possipel to convert it to use with relays? code