Arduino-Based IR TV/Sound Bar Remote

I’m hoping to just save myself a little bit of time and effort… I just got a new TV, and there is currently no way to setup the remote to operate as I want. What I’d like to do is build a simple little box with a small Arduino (probably ATtiny1614), IR receiver, and an IR transmitter that will capture codes from the cabe box remote, translate a few specific codes to the appropriate code for another brand, and transmit that translated code to that device. Simple enough to do, but I’m wondering if there is a library somewhere that contains the codes used by common pieces of consumer electronics equipment by manufacturer. I know how to capture and decipher the codes using a simple IR photo-transistor, but I’m hoping someone else may have already done the work, and I can just use it.

Is there anything like that out there?

Regards,
Ray L.

Not that I am aware of…

If you decide to do it yourself I have found this set of tutorials very good ("<previous" and “next>” buttons at bottom of page):

Kind regards,

Zeb

The best I ever managed to find is here but I ended up just capturing the button presses I needed and coding them into my project.

Thanks, guys. As I expected. As I only need a small number of codes, should be easy enough. I already have a program I wrote years ago to capture the pulse timings, so should still be an easy afternoon project.

Regards,
Ray L.

RayLivingston:
Thanks, guys. As I expected. As I only need a small number of codes, should be easy enough. I already have a program I wrote years ago to capture the pulse timings, so should still be an easy afternoon project.

The latest version of the IRremote library has a nice example sketch called ‘IRrecvDumpV2.ino’ that will show the raw data and the decoded data & type if it’s known. Makes checking received codes (and sending them) easier with decoded data instead of raw timings.